Neck Pain Due to Bad Posture? Chiropractic Can Help
The neck supports the head, which weighs an average of 12 pounds. The cervical spine moves the head in every direction, such as sideward, from front to back, right to left, and in a circular motion.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The neck’s placement and flexibility make it susceptible to injury and pain. Neck stiffness and pain can result from the following:
- Bad posture – Poor posture can result in neck pain extending to the arms and upper back. Weak abdominal muscles and obesity can cause the neck to bend forward due to spinal imbalance.
- Herniated discs – Degenerative disc diseases reduce the height and elasticity of vertebrae or spinal bones, which cause pain, numbness, and tingling from the neck to the arm.
- Whiplash – A jerk and rebound motion in the neck can injure the head and the neck’s supporting tissues. This forceful motion creates muscle fatigue, stiffness, and pain.
- Spinal stenosis – This condition occurs when the vertebrae’s nerve passageways become narrow and compress the nerve roots. When the nerves malfunction, you will experience neck, arm, and shoulder pain or numbness.
- Osteoarthritis – Old age can cause joint swelling and cartilage deterioration. The body forms bone spurs that compress nerves, limit joint motion, and bring pain.
Chiropractic Care Procedure for Neck Pain Relief
Your doctor of chiropractic will conduct a thorough assessment and ask you questions about your symptoms to locate the pain source. The evaluation includes neurological and physical exams. Your spine, neck, and shoulders will be checked for curvature and alignment. The chiropractor may also request a CT scan, MRI, or X-ray test to detect fractures, bone spurs, or herniated discs.
If you do not have a neck fracture or other conditions not advisable for chiropractic, your chiropractor will perform a cervical spine adjustment. This is done by applying hand pressure in the neck joints to restore the range of motion and improve spine mobility.
Neck Pain Treatment in Ventura, CA
Dr. James Baranski, D.C. will perform safe and highly effective cervical manipulation to relieve your neck pain, increase mobility, and improve blood and nutrient circulation.
Your treatment plan may include rehabilitative exercises, nutrition and diet programs, and lifestyle modifications for a holistic approach to health and well-being.
For highly effective neck pain treatment in Ventura, CA, contact Advanced Spine & Sport Chiropractic at (805) 642-4061, or schedule an appointment online.