Sports Rehabilitation and Therapy
At Advanced Spine & Sport Chiropractic located in Ventura, CA, there are multiple services that can be utilized to care and treat sports injuries. We offer chiropractic care, massage, traction tables, and stem cell therapy, just to name a few.
Sports injuries can involve a lot of different aspects when it comes to treating the problem. In our office, successful treatments involve holistic approaches, discovering the underlying issues, and ridding patients of pain for life.
Sports Rehabilitation with Chiropractic Care
By treating underlying sports injuries with chiropractic and other non-invasive methods, patients can learn how to avoid future injuries and go back to playing the sports they love.
Diagnose the Problem
Dr. James Baranski, D.C. treats sports-, work-, and auto-related injuries. Depending on how the injury happened (a football tackle knocking your spine alignment out of place, for example), an x-ray or CT scan may first be ordered before moving on to a chiropractic method or physical therapy.
Treatment Method Options
There are a variety of non-invasive treatment methods at Ventura to choose from when it comes to treating a sports injury.
- Chiropractic Care: It is estimated that about 90% of professional athletes see a chiropractor to improve performance potential. This method involves adjusting and realigning the problem areas, along with taking mobilization, exercise, and diet into consideration.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is another technique offered in our office to ease pain, reduce swelling, encourage flexibility, decrease tension, and other related issues. We don’t only offer sports massage therapy, but also deep tissue, Swedish, prenatal, reflexology, and even infant massage therapies as well.
- Regenerative Therapy: Dr. Baranski decided in 2016 that he would like to expand his practice by partnering with the “Stem Cell Institute of America.” Regenerative therapy, or a high concentration of stem cell solution that is injected into the tissue to be regenerated or “made like new,” is an advanced and quick method for injuries. This option treats back, knee, and neck pain, muscle injuries, herniated discs, along with many others that are often involved with sports injuries.
Visit Us for Your Sports Recovery Therapy Needs in Ventura, CA
Dr. James Baranski is passionate about his sports activities. He enjoys basketball, golf, and physical activity in general. He personally knows and understands that injuries will happen when living an active lifestyle.
There are three main tips to take away from Dr. Baranski’s medical goals:
- Treat injuries quickly: Avoid ongoing health problems by treating an injury instead of ignoring it.
- Exercise and nutrition: Live healthily by using personalized exercises to avoid future injuries. Focus on nutrition, intake of vitamins, and keeping hydrated.
- Ongoing therapy: Participating in sports calls for ongoing therapy to keep performance potential and health up to standards.
Schedule an appointment on our website or call (805) 642-4061 today.